Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shreddog

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
I'm not a technical person so please excuse if this is an elementary question. My MBA is on it's way from Anchorage (can't wait) and I want to be ready for it when it arrives.

I currently connect to my work LAN through Cisco VPN. My IT group tells me that the Cisco VPN and/or the remote desktop software that I currently use is not compatible with Leopard. Can the MBA be bootable in either Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Will not work

As far as I am aware it will not work for MBA. You wont have any of the feature your need for the systems. No multi-touch, no Remote Disk, ect. You may be able to do it with VMWare but I wound not know where to begin.

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
I doubt you'll be able to get Tiger on an MBA for the same reason you can't on SR MBs: the graphics card has no Tiger drivers. In general, you can't run an OS older than the OS the laptop shipped with.

shreddog

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
OK thanks. I guess I have to get XP or Vista and use Bootcamp or Parallels.

:(

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I currently connect to my work LAN through Cisco VPN. My IT group tells me that the Cisco VPN and/or the remote desktop software that I currently use is not compatible with Leopard. Can the MBA be bootable in either Leopard or Tiger?

Thanks.

I use the Cisco IPsec VPN client on my MBP, running Leopard, with no problems. Your IT group is not in the know. :)

Edit: FYI, the version I'm sing is 4.9.01 (build 0080).

shreddog

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Really? ok, that's encouraging. Can't wait to try it out.

It doesn't surprise me that my crack IT squad didn't know this.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.