Booting into Windows 7 on 2nd Bay Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ShaneBunting, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ShaneBunting Suspended

Hi,

Have optical drive hard drive bay installed.

Seagate Slim 500GB HDD

Had to remove my main SSD to get it to install.

Installed, booted. So I turned off, inserted SSD, downloaded drivers to a flash drive, went to boot back into Windows..

Goes into a blinking '-' and doesn't stop or boot.

What can I do to get this to work? :S

2. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

I've had similar problems, basically I can't get it to work on the HDD in the optibay. I haven't tried on the SSD.

The closest I got was booting the Win7 DVD using an external DVD drive, which loaded the Windows installer, but then it said that it could not install to the Bootcamp partition due to some weird error and to check if the drive were enabled in the BIOS...even though the drive and partition were listed in the installer and I was able to format it. At that point I just gave up.

I've installed Windows via Bootcamp on this MBP before, while it still had the normal HDD + optical drive setup, and it worked fine. Something about having an HDD in the optibay and using it for Windows just doesn't work.

3. ShaneBunting thread starter Suspended

I feel your pain. I'm too scared to format my SSD as last time it screwed it up! I wonder if putting the main drive in the optibay and Windows in main would make a difference..