Booting issue! Need HELP ASAP please.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by twestman, Nov 21, 2008.

1. twestman macrumors newbie

Well here's the story:

I was on another mac forum and was about to post my screenshot in the November, 2008 sticky when I got curious and downloaded a zip file another member provided.

His file included a black menu bar where the directions follow as such:

"1.) Go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Resources/ and make a back up of SArtFile.bin

2.)Once backed up delete the file from the resources.

3.)Move the modded SArtFile.bin into the resources folder.

4.) Go to /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ and backup Extras2.rsrc

5.) Move the Extras2.rsrc into the resources

6.) Logout and Log in"

Now I have a slight issue.... I tried the black menu bar, and it was very nice! But then I tried to revert back to the old files and I copied the first .BIN file back followed by the old .rsrc file and then logged out. I think it may have screwed something up severely.... I went to log on again and now my screen shows up blue with my mouse pointer showing up intermittently. It won't let me log on. I rebooted it and it was perfectly fine up until the point where it was trying to go into the UI. I get the spinning dashes and that's about it. I think I may have severely effed my MacBook Pro.

Oh and specs are as follows:

Core 2 duo 2.33
    Leopard 10.5.5

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks

I'm currently on my Windows partition. Thank God it works!

2. twestman thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

this is a video i took of the boot process. i sat there for a few minutes and it does nothing other than this. in the video i say "this is the issue, it won't boot. I sit here and just get the dashes moving in a circle forever."