booting MAC from DVD doest work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac18, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Mac18 macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

my G4 hard drive(10.3 panther) had crashed so i am attempting to format my OS using the cd's.(i have downloaded this set of cd's from a free site) so when i insert a disk and hold C key at start up .. i am just getting an apple icon it doesnt do any thing after that ? can you please help me with the problem. If it could be the problem with CD or am i missing some thing

appreciate your help. i have been working on this for 12 hrs now hope i can work this out..

thanks

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. celticpride678

How about you get the disks legally and then it will work?

4. Mac18 thread starter macrumors newbie

:( if i had those original one's i wont be going thru all this. this kind of old laptop . i just cant afford to buya new once at this point so striving hard to make this one work some how. i have 4 ISO files on 4 cd's they burned on cd just fine i am guessing the cd's are ok..

5. Mac18 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok at the risk of sounding a real idiot i will have to ask you people who would have al ready done their bit with Mac.

is it possible that more than 1 cd/dvd will contain the entire Os. like i can insert the 1st disk and then 2nd and so on. because apprently i ahve 4 of those.. M not sure if its the right way to go about it.

this probly my 1st time with Mac so pardon me for sounding so dumb