Booting Question re: Finder and LiteIcon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by goinskiing, Aug 7, 2008.

1. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

So, I'm still relatively new to the Mac world (not new to computers though). I've been trying to change some different icons (still haven't figured out how to change application icons) and I found LiteIcon for some of the system icons (Finder, downloads, computers, etc.).

So i changed some icons around and clicked "relaunch finder." It said if there were any issues to click Tools -> "Clear System Cache". So I did exactly that (the relaunch hung a bit and didn't change the icons). So it seemed to be okay and all with the new icons. I then go to reboot and when I boot back into OSX fresh, I click on any of the Menu options (Go, View, Finder, etc) and they are all grayed out except for the :apple: icon. Now, if I start an application from my dock all is well. Also, my wireless connection won't start up instantly like it used to. I have to open a program first THEN I can connect to my wireless connection.

To me, it seems like Finder isn't starting at boot and that opening an app from the dock turns it on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

2. goinskiing thread starter macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Clarification

The words (or tabs?) are not grayed out themselves, the menus that they pull down are grayed out.

Thanks.

3. goinskiing thread starter macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Screenshot

Anyone?

Edit: Screenshot

Attached Files: