Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hi everyone I have a question..my Mom is the iPad Pro 9.7 inch..I updated her iPad today to the latest firmware..when its completely turned off and I turn it on, for a split second the screen goes black, then back to the apple logo, then to the password screen..I want to know if that is normal..I know with my old iPad I never saw that before so just wanted to be sure that is the way its supposed to be
with my Ipad Pro 10.5 inch its getting replaced tomorrow I have an appt with an Apple Genius..my iPad is full of problems..after updating, and I turn it on, it goes black screen for about 15 seconds, then to the apple logo for a little while longer, then it goes to the home screen..not sure what is going on but ever since this IOS 11 came out Im seeing issues

vlomd

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Hi everyone I have a question..my Mom is the iPad Pro 9.7 inch..I updated her iPad today to the latest firmware..when its completely turned off and I turn it on, for a split second the screen goes black, then back to the apple logo, then to the password screen..I want to know if that is normal..I know with my old iPad I never saw that before so just wanted to be sure that is the way its supposed to be
with my Ipad Pro 10.5 inch its getting replaced tomorrow I have an appt with an Apple Genius..my iPad is full of problems..after updating, and I turn it on, it goes black screen for about 15 seconds, then to the apple logo for a little while longer, then it goes to the home screen..not sure what is going on but ever since this IOS 11 came out Im seeing issues

What did Apple tell you about this behavior?
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 that exhibiting the same behavior:

"...when its completely turned off and I turn it on, for a split second the screen goes black, then back to the apple logo, then to the password screen...."

I have IOS 11.1.1. It takes a while for the password screen to come on. More than 15 seconds usually.

Thanks. Anyone dealing with this?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
What did Apple tell you about this behavior?
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 that exhibiting the same behavior:

"...when its completely turned off and I turn it on, for a split second the screen goes black, then back to the apple logo, then to the password screen...."

I have IOS 11.1.1. It takes a while for the password screen to come on. More than 15 seconds usually.

Thanks. Anyone dealing with this?

Dealing with what?

Does not sound like a problem. I only reboot my iPad about once a week and the times I see above are pretty normal.

vlomd

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Dealing with what?

Does not sound like a problem. I only reboot my iPad about once a week and the times I see above are pretty normal.

Thanks. I recall that it booted up significantly faster prior to iOS 11.
[doublepost=1510693068][/doublepost]
My iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 10.5 both do it on iOS 11.1. So it’s normal

Thanks. Seems like it booted up faster before ios 11.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

bgrace

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2008
Since I updated to iOS 11.1.1 or 11.1.2 on my iPad Pro 10.5, the boot up is different than before. The Apple logo comes up, then the screen is black for about 10 seconds, then the Apple logo comes up briefly again before going to the password screen. Seems to take longer than before too. Anyone seeing this in 11.1.2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.