booting up slow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DuffBP, Mar 24, 2008.

1. DuffBP macrumors member

my touch is slow as hell :mad:

his booting leasts 23 seconds :mad:

is that normal?

i think that he booted up faster before i walked my dog while it was raining...he got a bit wet,not much,but still....

anyone?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Seems comparable to other results that I've seen. It's a computer, and they don't boot too quickly.

3. DuffBP thread starter macrumors member

tnx for answering :)

well,i watched some starting up videos on youtube and they were faster than mine :confused:

is it possible for my ipod to be damaged because of that "not that much" rain that has fallen on it?

when i came back home i restarted it couple of times...first time,after booting,some white stripes appeared on a screen for half of a second....after that i never saw them when i restarted.... :confused:

4. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Mine is 6 days old and has always been "slow". I just timed it and from the second the apple appears to the time it's booted was 20 seconds.

Mike

5. skir0987 macrumors regular

I get about 20 seconds give or take usually... but yesterday when it was really messed up it somehow managed to boot itself up in five minutes nonstop :eek:

Shep

6. atad6 macrumors regular

I could be wrong, but I think the touch is designed to be put in sleep mode when you're not using it. The touch uses much less battery leaving it in sleep mode for days than it would turning it off and booting up.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, this is true. Only turn it off if you won't be using it for very long periods of time (3+ days).