Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman1993

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Ok I was told I need bootloaders to unlock my iphone 3g but another site said I don't so do I or don't I and if I don't how do I get passed this error
Picture2-1.png
I'm stressed over this cause tomorrow is my last day before I go back to boarding school and getting this stuff done there is hard and I have like a million things to do there so I am just stressed out over this cause I need to be able to unlock my phone before I go off to school so someone please help me.

quikadanquik

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
first of all you cannot unlock the 3G using pwnage tool yet
also to jailbreak the 3G you dont need the boot loaders (only needed to unlock)

Macman1993

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Thank you it isn't the answer I was hoping for but at least I can stop going crazy looking for stuff that doesn't exist

quikadanquik

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
also may i recommend that you use expert mode over simple because if you are using AT&T like i would expect you will need to deselect the activate box in expert mode (i also like to remove the custom boot and recovery mode logos but that is just me)

Macman1993

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
that's really good advice I'll be sure to do that when I can eventually jailbrake my 3g. Also can any 3g be unlocked that is running below version 2.0.2?

macbookhamburg

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
no it can not ... not yet ...
concerning the bootloaders... there are links to download them all over the web
so just download them store them somewhere and you are set to go when it´s possible to unlock ...

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
also may i recommend that you use expert mode over simple because if you are using AT&T like i would expect you will need to deselect the activate box in expert mode (i also like to remove the custom boot and recovery mode logos but that is just me)

What will happen to the phone if you don't deselect activate and if it causes problems can it be fixed if you restore and rejailbreak and deselect activate?

quikadanquik

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
yeah, just about any problem can be fixed by restoring your firmware
it isnt always the most effiecient way to fix a problem though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.