Booty camping?

adtheren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
How does one install bootcamp? I'm sure that bootcamp is basically Windows on a Mac, correct me if I'm wrong, and can run all the programmes a normal PC could do. So tell me, how do I install bootcamp, and if I do, will all of the things on my computer currently be gone?

adtheren

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2013
^^
It's pretty vague. It doesn't answer the million dollar question: Are you smarter than an 8th grader? All jokes aside, it doesn't answer if the things I have in my computer will go KAPOK. And do I have to buy a copy of windows...?

And that was creepily fast.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
^^
It's pretty vague. It doesn't answer the million dollar question: Are you smarter than an 8th grader? All jokes aside, it doesn't answer if the things I have in my computer will go KAPOK. And do I have to buy a copy of windows...?
You have a Boot Camp Assistant application in your Utilities folder, which will partition your HDD or SSD to create another partition for Windows to be installed on.
You need a copy of Windows, either DVD or ISO (for a USB flash memory thumb drive), to install Windows onto that partition.
Nothing will go kaputt if you pay attention during the installation of Windows and not accidentally format the Mac OS X partition during the installation (seen it many times).

Booting Windows on the Mac

And that was creepily fast.
That is Forum Spy for you.

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
Home is everywhere and nowhere.
You don't need BootCamp assistant, you can do all without it.

Open DiskUtility when booted in OS X, create 2 partition, the other as FAT.

Also in Disk Utility, Restore Windows ISO to USB stick.

then, go to Apple downloads, download bootcamp drivers, put that on another USB or after you installed Windows.

Restart Mac, hold the Option key at startup, choose the USB stick as startup, install Windows.

That's it.