Booxter Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drumguy1975, Mar 18, 2009.

1. drumguy1975 macrumors member

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to use the Booxter program with their iPhone? It's a great program that says that you can export to your iPhone to see all the books you own so that you don't have to buy them twice. However, when it exports, i get a folder on my desktop (since i can't directly save files to my iPhone) and after that I get lost. There are some html files in the folder that I try to bookmark in Safari to use, but then I get an error message about "not being able to open a local file". Does anyone have any experience with this program?

Thanks.

2. DHKaplan macrumors member

I've gotten it to work intermittently. Their support leaves a lot to be desired. They have answered me intermittently as well...

Your Mac and iPhone must be on the same network to share...

Before you try to get the database on your iPhone you must go to Booxter preferences and in sharing, pick the db you want to share.

Then on the iPhone you should hit the button on top right, which should bring you to the library you are sharing. Then there should be an option to "load" onto the iPhone.

As I say I've gotten it to work intermittently. When it works it's great. Right now :(