Booycamp issue.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by baddj, Mar 27, 2009.

1. baddj macrumors 6502

Okay.

I want to run win vista on my mac so i done all the bootcamp stuff and and installed win vista on the part 3 BOOTCAMP (done a format on it so i could install it) but when it restarts once it done it stuff it says something about no boot meda or something like that. so i have to boot into mac by holding option what did i do wrong?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect you're trying to eject the Vista DVD before it's really done. The Vista installation process requires several reboots - don't eject the DVD until you get to the Vista desktop.

3. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I'd suspect that if those multiple reboots don't work during installation, could it be you chose the wrong partition?

4. baddj thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay well i removed the windows part using the BOOTCAMP assist now when i trun my macbook on it say no boot meda. or something like that what do i do?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Holding down the option key on startup and then selecting the Mac partition. Afterwards, you probably need to check your Startup Disk in System Preferences on the Mac side. It may be set to the removed BootCamp partition by default. As far as the initial error you encountered, you did format the BootCamp partition as NTFS right? Double-check the steps you took vs. the ones in the BootCamp install guide at this URL.