Border around screen after 1.1.1 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by b1gted, Sep 27, 2007.

1. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

Is it just me or is there now a small border around the screen? It is like they resized the screen smaller and now the display image no longer goes to the edge. I can especially see it now when I am viewing it in sunlight. The white background screens don't look so bad, but the main screen with the icons, it is really noticable now. I tried adjusting my brightness, but that didn't help.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I thought the same thing, after the 1.02 update. Then I looked at my gf's iPhone, which at that point had not been updated at all. It was identical to mine. There is a tiny border, always was.

3. b1gted thread starter macrumors regular

b1gted

Cool, thanks for the reply. I have provided a link to a picture of my phone showing the border I am talking about. Just in case someone didn't understand what I was talking about.

http://www.thepughfamily.com/images/iphone_border.jpg

4. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I noticed that a while ago, its nothing new you prolly just havent noticed it

5. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

I don't know about you guys, but My phone barely has a border... Definitely not as wide as the one pictured here.. I could be wrong.. I need to take a picture of it.

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

7. hh83917 macrumors 6502

Thats normal when viewed under bright light. I've noticed it when I first got my phone and was looking at the screen under bright sunlight (phone screen must be on in order to see it).

8. one1 macrumors 65816

At first I was convinced mine did not do this until I got under brighter light and it indeed does.

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Under the bright florescent lights at work :mad: Can't see anything but black on the edge of the "tree" wallpaper.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

the border everyone is talking about IS black.

11. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Hummm I thought they were talking about the sliver of grayish around the OP's screen. Ummm ok

12. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

o.k. I see it now... bright light helps.. ha ha

13. cah87 macrumors regular

it is new because my 1.02 phone doesn't have it.

14. cmaier macrumors G3

No it isn't. I have a 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 sitting next to each other. Under bright sunlight they both have it. In fluorescent indoor lighting neither does.

15. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

the pic he showcased is what they all look like when the phone is locked, once u type ya code it goes back to the usual screen.....

It seems like people always try to find something wrong with their phone just so they can have something to complain about...... this getting quite annoying.....you can find a problem with anything if you look hard enough! but give it a rest!

16. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

After the 1.0.2 update I thought the same, but I just think we don't notice until an update.

17. RexBoner macrumors newbie

This problem is real

This is a real problem. Mine didn't have a border, then it did for a few days, then it went away and now it has come back again and it is bugging the Bjesus out of me. Does no one know what the issue is?:mad:

18. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

uh, do you have an original iPhone running os 1.x?

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

The border has, is, and will always be there. There's nothing wrong with your phone, but it is hard to see if you're not in direct light. Sunlight will really make it pop out.

20. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I can promise you, your LCD screen is not magically growing and shrinking each night. I can think of no reason why you are seeing a physical object change size from day to day.

If you are taking drugs, that might explain it. If you're not, then it might be time to ask your doctor for some.

That's literally the only solution I can think of here.