General bored, finally...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fisherking, Mar 10, 2013.

1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i've spent more time since the evasion JB customizing my phone then actually using it for anything. have kinda gotten things to the point where i'm happy, and now...what? make more phone calls? text more? read? surf? listen to music? send more email??

my feeling is...the iphone is MADE to be jailbroken, and the fun is getting it where we want it. otherwise, it's just another device. :cool:

2. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

"Like"

I too am getting to the finish point but I always manage to see something else new that I want that will prolong the finish line

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

The worst is being set up the way you want and nothing happens. You spend X time and X money and the things that you installed tweaks and apps for aren't happening.

Ex. I installed iBlacklist today. No calls, no texts. All of a sudden - nothing. :D

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Install RandomFlip for a while. Then you'll at least have a good excuse to stare at the phone while you're waiting for it to ring (or not ring...) :D

My iP4 stayed with the same theme, lockscreen, and tweaks for about a year while I focused on non phone things. I just...well, used it all the time, because it worked and looked the way I wanted it to. I can see where I'm almost to the same point with the 5.

...but yeah, it's kinda dull when you hit that point!

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!

Yeah, I got there with my old WindowsMo phone some time around late 2010 (I got it in May 2009). From that point on I enjoyed the phone and didn't change anything because I really liked the setup (still do). It's just a process of trying out different stuff. Downloading apps (or tweaks) you think you'll use only to not remember why the heck you downloaded it. Apps you never thought you'd use but come to depend on. It a process of slow gradual customization that I hate sometimes because it's incessant experimenting and fooling around with the damn thing. But ultimately it shakes out in the end. Right now I've got an app culling process I am going to have to go through. Lots of junk I downloaded with good intentions only to find out I don't use them.

At least my UI is pretty settled. I have certain things I want and I've got them, it's just little minor stuff to work on there.

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i stopped visiting the **post your jailbroken home screen** thread the minute i was happy with how my phone looked.

if you go into that thread you are sure to find new ideas you want to try, new looks and what not and every new post will be better than the previous. waste of time.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I don't know about a "waste of time"..I mastered the graphics side of Photoshop by making my own icons, and I learned HTML two summers ago by the full immersion method, coding my own widgets...

...oh, wait, I got nothing else done during that year & I still don't get paid for that sh**...! LOL

(I'm a researcher at heart, I learn by doing, and that means no, it wasn't really a waste of my time. Although I should probably work on that "getting paid for my efforts" part.)

8. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

9. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

"Like"
    Blue or red version was the bomb in 3rd grade!!!

10. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

a jailbroken iphone is more like a tamagotchi; it needs to be cared for, and constantly fed...

11. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Lol on the fed. I wish something would feed my wallet for a couple new themes.