Bored ... Some suggestions?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by salacious, Oct 14, 2012.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

Ok so every night I wanna make a 1 minute vid, with just me and the camera, but I don't know what to film, so I ask if any of you could make a suggestion, it can be anything excluding shopping centres and rooftops..

So any ideas?

I have a t3i kit kens and 50mm 1.8, a rode ntg-1 with a tascAm DR-40

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Some positive message:
    How to end hunger
    How to avoid fraud
    How to be better video editor
    How to...whatever

3. daybreak macrumors 6502a

You sound in a bad way. If i was you give up the idea. With so much talent around you are waisting your time asking.
    I have a idea/////?????? Look in the mirror and film yourself that should stop you from getting bored.:eek:

4. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Um... May I ask you contribute positively rather than coming out of the bridge in *TROLL* mode, if you don't like my thread fine.. But if you have nothing more to say that's going to contribute in a helpful way then please don't bother, I have two kids to look after, nows my adult time, I'd like to keep my conversations that way thanks :)

----------

Thinking more on the lines of something fun and weird..

5. musique macrumors regular

musique

Who's the audience for these one-minute videos? If it's just for your own viewing and nobody else, you could use them as a brief document of your day. It could be the highs and/or the lows of the day.

Another, perhaps creative approach, is to think about your video on and off during each day. Make a promise to yourself that you'll make a complete story each evening and you'll finish it in one minute. This is not easy, but think of a situation that you'll tell the camera about. It will have a set-up, development, and a punch line/ending. It could be a simple as a joke ("Two chickens walk into a bar and one asks the bartender...") or something about anything you see in your home or office ("Today I had the strangest thing happen to me. This stapler on my desk spoke to me. It said, "Hey, buddy...").

Maybe after a month or two you'll become a really good storyteller or a creative writer. Making it 1 minute long will limit your goals but also keep you focused.

Just a thought.

6. daybreak macrumors 6502a

With that sort of request you would get positive and negative feedback. If i was to make a story video then yes i would post a thread.
    But i was shocked too think that having camera and yes to video one minute is hard.
    But i dont wish to get into a verbal slinging match. Also i do apologise if my post offended you in any way.
    There you go you got your one minute video. Person on internet giving you jibb.

7. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Grow a beard. Then record for one (awkward) minute how it's growing that evening. Later on you can make a compilation of all the videos showing how your beard grew.

Or, get a green screen and softbox, than make a themed "diary" video every evening. This takes a lot of work, but should have great results.

e.g.
    Day 1 "logbook of crash" (space traveler theme)
    Day 2 "My rum is gone" (pirate theme)
    Day 3 "Discovery of rare insect" (zoology theme)
    Day 4 "Rare sneakers" (hipster theme)
    Day 5 "Cannibal Escape" (survivalist theme)
    Day 6 "Cleaning windows" (window cleaner theme)
    Day 7 "mixed up" (time traveling theme)