Bored With iPhone? What Would You Get Instead?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hexonxonx, Oct 13, 2008.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm bored with my iPhones. I am thinking of getting a new phone. Been thinking about the Blackberry Curve or Touch Diamond by HTC.

Any suggestions?

What phones do you have and like?

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I would NOT big a BB, they are just so "bleh" to me, certainly wouldn't hold my interest more then a iPhone(with all its app, I'm sure BB has them, but I've yet to see really great ones)

Touch Pro or Touch Diamond are great looking, and on a personal note I've always had a soft spot for Palm, so I might get a Centro or Treo.

3. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Blackberry bold is soon to be released. I hear the screen is fantabulous. Same resolution as the iPhone but smaller, therefore crisper.

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I would get either a blackberry bold or a G1 Google Phone (even though the bottom looks like it is stuck on with Velcro)

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow...thats quite impressive!

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

7. 7254278 macrumors 68020

8. phas3 macrumors 65816

sidekick is veered towards the teenage crowds in highschool

9. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Agreed. Plus I think it's huge and the slide out keyboard isn't all that exciting.

10. 7254278 macrumors 68020

I have only ever seen one once since I live in europe but I think its kinda neat, but I get what your getting at.

11. aristobrat macrumors G4

I agree with whoever mentioned the G1 (Android) phone. Either that, or the new 5800 Nokia touch screen one that just came out. Be interesting to see what they've come up with.

If you're bored with everything that the iPhone can do, I don't think you'll find the BlackBerry particularly exciting. It kicks butt at email + PIM sync, but IMO, that's about the extent of what it does better than any other phone. Not to say the rest of the features are sub-par .. for the most part, they're not. It's just that they're not really much better than any phone you've used in the last 5 years.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Blackberry or the next Android phone, assuming it's not ugly fugly.

13. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Waiting for the Storm, and the Experia.

Every time I read iPhone mentioned with 'enterprise' because it now has Activesync push, I smile because it betrays the complete ignorance of whoever wrote the article (usually some barely disguised Apple fanboy, so understandable in their ignorance). Blackberry still rules the roost, because their handsets / solution is genuinely 'enterprise' ready, as is Windows Mobile.

14. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Well, I ended up getting a Blackberry Curve, red. I don't care about any storm or experia coming. I just wanted something different to add and still keep the iPhone. I added it onto my family plan. I also found out the company I work for is one that entitles me to the 15% monthly discount plus I added unlimited family texts so all phones get unlimited texts.

I still love the iPhone, I just wanted some variety here. I can't see using the iPhone for over a year and half as my only phone.