Bored with my iPhone already....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingping14, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kingping14 macrumors member

I've had my iPhone 4 for a few weeks now and I have to admit during the first week or so I literally couldnt put the thing down but now the novelty factor is starting to wear off and I'm only really using it to txt/make calls/check emails now.

Can someone suggest some killer apps or cool thing the iPhone can do? wouldnt find paying for some good quality apps.

2. jammyf macrumors member

Words with Friends - good entertainment value

3. plusonechoi macrumors member

games? angry birds, oregon trail, sky burger, words with friends, paper toss, backbreaker, mr space

apps - genius scan, yelp, chipotle, amazon, engadget reader, ebay, toodledo, LED light, PS express, quadcam

your usual apps for the most part, but just throwin out some ideas

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Remember first and foremost - it's a PHONE. And no device is meant to entertain you 24/7

I love everything my iPhone 4 can do. But I could never be bored with it because it serves its purpose. I use it - I don't look for ways to use it - if that makes sense.

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Slingshot Cowboy....it'll change your life.

Well....not really....but it's pretty fun.

7. synagence macrumors 6502a

I must admit that having had an iPhone from the 3G to current the whole interface is starting to really feel old now.

The new active and informative home screens/lock screens of android, especially sense UI from HTC is starting to impress me more

Only problem i have is feeling a bit tied into the whole apple ecosystem and investment in apps etc

But i really think iOS5 needs to be something much more special ... its fine functionality wise, it just needs to feel fresh again ... even more so with android and Windows Phone 7 coming on strong

8. Lingham macrumors regular

Free?

9. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

10. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I would suggest go outside. There's a whole world outside of the iphone. I know, hard to believe.

11. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

1. Get books on CD, or The Teaching Company lectures, rip them, synch them to your iPhone, and listen;

2. Get Slingbox and the Slingbox app and watch television on your iPhone anywhere any time;

3. Get satellite radio and the Sirius app; lots of interesting stations and programs;

4. Buy some stocks and track them with StockWatch;

5. Learn French, then get the France 24 app and watch the news in French; Get the Ultralingua bilingual dictionary;

6. Get Starmap, and learn astronomy;

7. Get Flyby, then go outside to watch satellites and the International Space Station move across the sky; then show your friends;

8. Get 100 Pushups and follow its directions so you can do a hundred pushups one day;

9. Get Epicurious and follow the recipes to make an interesting dinner for yourself and your family or friends;

10. Madden NFL 10;

11. Real Racing;

12. Get iBooks and or Kindle app, get some good books and read them;

13. Get iMapMyRide, take it with you on a long bicycle ride, then upload your ride and share it with friends; do this every day, increasing your speed, duration, and hill-climbing ability; do a charity ride using the app to give you directions;

14. Get Chirp USA, and learn to identify birds by their calls as well as their appearance; put out bird feeders in your backyard and see how many you can attract and identity;

15. Get Morse Code Study Buddy, learn Morse Code, then get Amateur Radio Exam Prep, and get your ham radio license; join your local ham radio club, or buy your own radio, put up an antenna, and communicate with people all over the world;

16. Get HikeGPS, find a hiking trail near you, and take a nice long hike in the woods;

Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Very true. And if you are bored with the iPhone, then you must be bored with the internet (which I think is actually impossible). Go surf the web on it, read a book, or play a game (there's plenty).

You mean leave the Matrix? Oh no...

13. Lingham macrumors regular

Wicked - will DL later

14. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

+1 Make the phone do what it should of out of the box

15. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Has 4.1 been jailbroken?

16. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I text with about 20 people a day, if you not that ugly maybe you can do that too.

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The problem is that you're looking for ways to use it rather than using it how and when you need it.

18. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Nope not yet, hopefully soon

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, so... What about Jailbreaking is going to make him "less bored?"

Because not much is coming to mind for me.

20. duheb macrumors newbie

One of the BEST

+2 This is one of the BEST, most appropriate responses I've seen on here in a long time and no doubt what was intended by whoever created this forum! Kudos! Too much idiocy and not enough of this on here.

21. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

For me just being able to adjust everything provides a cure for boredom.
    I really enjoying theming and spend quite a bit of time messing with different things.
    I am able to enjoy games a bunch more because of Bitesms when I don't have to leave the game to respond to text messages.

I guess just the little things make me enjoy my phone more than out of the box

22. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

So after a few weeks you have finally come to the realization that this is just a smartphone?

Queue the golf claps...

I've just received mine and I look no different at it than my previous iPhone 3GS.

What I noticed first were how it were a couple of millimeters thinner in my pockets, then the better screen and camera.

23. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I have the perfect cure for your boredom issue. Sell your IP4 and pick up any other phone out there. You'll be running back to your nearest AT&T or Apple store in few days.

/problem solved :p

24. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Instead of virtual reality, try actual reality. The iPhone is smart phone, not your whole life.

25. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

One of the top 3 blog posts of all time, IMHO. Works on many levels.