Bored!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappySnail, Jul 5, 2008.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I'm so bored, i have had nothing to do today and will not have for the rest of the week, can anyone suggest anything to pass the time. Applications, Games (free or not), widgets, albums anything to keep me from boredom.
    I know it is a completely random post but i don't have anything better to do.

Cheers.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Under the :apple: Menu, Mac OS X Software. Browse, download, enjoy, repeat.

Attached Files:

3. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

I have been, i was just wondering if anyone had any favorite or fun applications/Widgets that i could try.

4. maestrocasa macrumors regular

well, if you are looking for a game, go pickup Spore's Creature Creator http://www.spore.com and start working on your creature for the upcoming release of Spore. (note you'll need OS 10.5.x). other ideas for boredom: mess around with your iSight camera; go donate some time at a homeless shelter; send large amounts of money to random PayPal accounts:) p.s. what's the story with the name "Happy Snail?" (I'm a snail collector)

5. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

I took a picture of a snail in the garden which when i looked at the picture afterwards seemed to be smiling somehow. I had a picture of that on msn with the name Happysnail and have adopted the name since. Bit strange really, the creature creator seems like a cool idea and i am downloading it now, Thanks.
    Any more suggestions?

6. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

On saturdays, I work in computer labs at school...typically nobody is here. It is 11 am and I've been here for 2 1/2 hrs and have not seen a single person, though I am not complaining. Plenty of time to surf macrumors and plenty of other websites though.

Depending on where you are you could always sleep...that kills time.

7. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Try the OSX version of chess. It's a bit more challenging that i was use to when I tried it. ;)

8. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

• Organize your music library.
    • Take a walk and say hi to someone you don't know.
    • Call someone you haven't talked to in a while.
    • Right down a list of things you want to do the next time you are bored.

9. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Go get some books. Books pass time very well. Ask some people for novel recommendations.

Head outside, go to a nice pub or café, and enjoy your book. Take a walk around your city's entertainment district. Clean up around the house. Watch an old favourite movie or two.

My advice to you is to just get out of the house as much as possible, it will take your time, give you plenty to look at/eat/drink/do and once you get home you'll feel tons better, since you'll be tired and you'll feel a strong desire to relax and watch some TV. That's the problem with boredom—it's not that there's nothing to do, it's the unavoidable laziness and horrible feeling of not particularly wanting to do anything. But once you push yourself to go outside and go somewhere, do something, do anything, coming home feels much better!

10. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

11. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

If you have free time on your hands, get out and take some pictures (if you have a camera, that is). You can go out with friends, take nature pics, architecture, whatever. It's also good exercise!

If you feel like solving a few puzzles, try Untangle!

12. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If you want something to read, try Robert Parker's books. The Jesse Stone series, and the Sunny Randall Series are very good reads.

13. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

There's always bored.com :D

In all seriousness though, if you're bored, go do something out of the ordinary that you wouldn't normally do if you weren't bored. It sounds weird but if it's something specific to you, then do it!

Just like that nike slogan. :D

14. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I'm having the same problem.

I do have advice though - if there's a hobby you've neglected, pull out whatever it is and get to it!

15. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

I can't imagine being bored, but since you asked, go play this game for a while. Try to get the high score. ;)

--Eric

16. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

paint your room a funky color. I just painted a small bedroom a deep orange. Dare yourself to do things you wouldn't normally do. Like go to the movies by yourself.

17. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Watch movies, eat food, browse mac rumors. Listen to music

18. pink-pony115 macrumors regular

pink-pony115

Named after me, I suppose? ;)

What I like to do when I'm bored is exercise. Love getting those endorphins. Thats my recommendation.

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Excellent advice.

Go to Iceberg, and learn.

20. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

You could always go to sleep. Yeah, sounds boring, but it works. :D

Go to a city you've never been before. A busy area, like downtown, and just walk around. Take a camera to take pictures with. Take an iPod along to listen to music. That's always been up there to do when I'm bored.

21. mikeypizano macrumors member

I have a ton of my moms old CDs you can import into iTunes for me ;)

22. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

try the "spin the black circle" game on addictinggames.com
    it took me 6 hours to complete.

23. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

24. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

do some good.

Volunteer to help. use your free time to do some good for someone who needs it. rewarding beyond belief. :)

also, you didn't mention your location, so it makes it a bit hard to help with useful recommendations. can't recommend snow skiing if you live in the Bahamas...

25. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Well, you're only halfway there...you're doing great with the pink and the pony, but not so hot with the magic or the flying. So, nope, sorry. ;)

--Eric