Borked my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stridemat, Mar 31, 2009.

1. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Hi all

I was getting out my car today and dropped my iphone all of 2 feet and the LCD has been damaged. The glass hasn't broke, just the liquid crystal bit. Im planning to take it to a genius and am going to try to get a new one. Im not holding out much hope so I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost in 'GDP' to fix it?????

Im so pissed with myself

2. NewIphone macrumors member

Sorry to hear your problem.

I think you mean GBP and not GDP lol. The cost I think will be around £140 as that's how much they charge for a replacement iPhone if you are not under warranty or if the warranty doesn't cover your problem.

I got a new iPhone when the volume button fell out and that was for free as it was covered by warranty.

Good luck.

3. stridemat thread starter Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Lol yeah I did, bit of a typo there.

Well anyway I booked an appointment with a genius and you are correct. Had to lay down £139.00 for a replacement one. I got a new one right then. Im not planning on dropping it again!!!!!!

On another note I never knew how much I depended on my iPhone until it wasn't there

4. ZunePod macrumors regular

Only 2 feet? some guy dropped his off a 15FT balcony, then whacked it with a steel baseball bat and there was only a hairline crack on the glass, and the LCD functioned perfectly.

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem, I don't know what happened, but my LCD didnt work, (It just flashed white randomly). But the screen and everything was fine. They replaced it for me under warranty.