Bose 20i immanent update?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Huerz, May 26, 2015.

1. Huerz, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015

Huerz macrumors member

Looking at purchasing the Bose 20i noise cancelling earbuds and it appears a number of online retailers aren't currently listing them, potentially indicating a refresh(?).

Any word around town about a refresh or links to relevant rumour sites?

Edit: there appears to be a number of sites with sales on them e.g. Best buy and Amazon http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-qu...gray/9154082.p?id=1218992521020&skuId=9154082

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComfort-Acoustic-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00D429Y12

2. brent12 macrumors member

Suspect new version coming since suddenly sale price on multiple sites

Suspect new version coming since suddenly sale price on multiple sites

3. addictive macrumors regular

Only US price reduction

It seems the prices reduction is only on US based sites. Amazon UK and Canada do not have the same price reduction. This could mean nothing but Bose often does release products into major international markets at the same time.

The price reduction in the U.S. might just be a short time thing and retailers copying each other.

I believe the product is around 18 months old (am I wrong?) so I doubt a newer version is coming at imminently.

4. Huerz thread starter macrumors member

I understood this to be the case too, however, I noticed several major Australian retailers with online stores (JB HI FI, Myers, David Jones and Officeworks) are no longer listing them amongst their Bose items. A number of German online sellers (including amazon) have also dropped their price by 50 euro or, in the instance of the major retailer Saturn, are listing the item as "temporarily unavailable" (http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/_B...Headphones,48352,475081,815074.html?langId=-3). I haven't looked further abroad.

Interestingggggg....

5. jweinraub macrumors 6502

jweinraub

Unless they change how the battery works on this, while I do have huge interest in Bose products, I am really keen for the RHA T20 to be released.

6. vsp macrumors regular

Be aware that RHA T20 appears to be noise-isolating while the Bose earbuds with the battery are noise-canceling. These are two separate things.

Noise canceling attempts to cancel repetitive sounds waves, particularly lower tones. This is what makes them so popular on airplanes...they cancel most of the engine sound. Other sounds, particularly higher-pitched or intermittent sounds will still come through.

Noise isolating ear buds act more like foam or silicon earplugs. They block all sound equally, which can be an unusual experience that some folks don't enjoy.

After years of airline travel I've found the noise-canceling to be easier on me for long trips.

7. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

I was more than unimpressed by my QC20s. Noise canceling in general makes my head ache and my stomach hurt lol. They do not have any bass at all. The highs are also a bit too much. House music sounds whiny on them. I also do not like the battery/charger by the headphone jack. Hopefully a refresh changes this.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I want them to release are revamped SoundLink over-ear set. Their current ones (a.k.a AE2w) are so comfortable but don't sound as good as their newer on-ear model. BT is what I want.

9. rssluca macrumors newbie

rssluca

Hi everyone,

Thinking of getting a pair of 20i , would you recommend buying now or how long do you think I should wait for? I would hate Bose releasing a refresh just after I bought them!

10. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I don't like noise canceling ear buds in general, the don't work as well as full headphones and I wouldn't want to pay Bose prices for ear buds...