Bose Bluetooth Series 2 & Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SmithErick, Oct 31, 2011.

1. SmithErick macrumors member

Anyone have any experience with the bose Bluetooth, especially the series 2? How well does it work with Siri? I have a jawbone icon now but want something that works better with Siri and that I can hear text notifications through the headset without lag like the jawbone.

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

I'll let you know when it comes

I placed the order with Amazon Thursday night and it's left Spokane Washington. I'm hoping the same things. One reviewer on Amazon suggested it would and also mentioned the advantage of listening to GPS turn by turn with it - based on that, I hit the buy button. Siri would be an added BIG bonus. (I have no idea why my signature below still lists my 3GS as I've edited it to show the iPhone 4S, but ...)

3. SmithErick thread starter macrumors member

I'm actually posting this right now while driving down the road with the new Bose Series 2. I went to a local Bose store and picked it up, it works great with Siri and voice.

4. cbronfman macrumors 6502

How do you activate the home button to get Siri?

Is there a Home button on the Bose BT Series 2, or do you use the Home button on the phone to bring Siri into the picture.

Thanks for the news that Siri is with you through BT.

5. SmithErick thread starter macrumors member

The call button. Press it once, acts as the home button.

I have noticed notifications half work as far as the sound goes. Just my brief use.

6. cbronfman, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

cbronfman macrumors 6502

Some difficulties

The sound quality on the headset is excellent. I called my sister who lives in Vancouver BC from Washington DC and she couldn't believe I was using a BT headset. It's that good and she sounded like she was sitting in the back seat. And audio plays back well through it - so in its key functionality, the Bose Series 2 headset gets 5 stars. HOWEVER, a few difficulties and if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful.

When I drive, I listen to audiobooks - works fine through the Bose BT although the volume is a little soft. However,

Problem 1: if I push the call/home button on the Bose to stop the book (say because I'm in a store and it's too noisy to hear the book), Siri pops up. If I ignore her, eventually the book restarts. There seems to be no way of stopping the book without Siri popping up.

Problem 2: Call are made (very) well although Siri is having problems with some of the numbers I've asked her to call (Thau, she eventually agreed to call Thou; Concierge she though I was saying Georgetown Guana). Eventually, I did get her to call the numbers I needed - but when the call ended and I wanted to go back to the book, Siri said she couldn't find the listing in my music. When I said "audiobooks," she didn't understand.

I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or if right now, she only knows to play "music" and if what you're listening to isn't listed under music, can't find it.

Any thoughts.