Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacWalk

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2006
I have one of the first versions. Got them a couple weeks ago.

They're mind blowing. They're nothing like I've ever heard before. Great clear sound for music and movies. You wont believe how much sound those little speakers can produce. Absolutely stunning. Highly recommended!

jtown

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
If you're spending you own money, don't. They may sound good but you can get speakers that sound just as good for a lot less money. Last time I "auditioned" computer speakers, I ignored prices until I'd narrowed it down to two sets of speakers. One from Bose (which sounded slightly better) and one from Creative Labs. Bose = $300. Creative Labs = $40 (after $10 mail-in rebate). Bose sounded better but not $260 better.

And, yes, the $40 CL speakers sounded better than the $120 CL speakers to my ear. I was surprised by the results. Second cheapest set of speakers on display.

Go to a store that has lots of speakers on display and listen to them.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Bose USED to be a good stereo company for somewhat fair value.

NOW, g-d no....they sound good but the previous post was right, not $280 more, Creative makes decent speakers, and if you want to spend a little more money Klipsch or Harman Kardan Soundsticks II, Altec Lansing FX6021? any of those should do the trick for around 120? and sound same or better.

The best bet would be a $60-100 speaker set like a 2.1? remember everyone's ear is different and everyone listens to different things, so test a set of speakers out, the bose are ok for hip-hop/rap, but there are tons better....(altec lansings)

for 300: Logitech Z5500 or Creative GigaWorks Progamer 500

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.