Bose Companion 5

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by danb93, Jun 30, 2015.

1. danb93 macrumors newbie

I purchased some bose companion 5 speakers and want to connect them to my panasonic viera. I have tried using a RCA cable but no sound comes out of the speakers. Is there anything else I can try?

2. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

are you sure you have the speakers plugged into the audio outputs, not inputs on your Panasonic?

3. danb93 thread starter macrumors newbie

my panasonic just has one set of audio plugs. not sure if they are input or output

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

5. danb93 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

True. That said, I'm not familiar with your speakers or TV. How many inputs does your speaker system have?

7. danb93 thread starter macrumors newbie

the speakers are meant to be for computers, it comes with a USB connection. However there is a control pod with a headphone and audio output connection

8. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

If you were going to be using the right/left RCA analog connections, you're not going to get real surround sound anyway. Maybe simulated? I'm not up on Bose systems to be honest

9. mfram macrumors 65816

Did you buy the speakers primarily to connect to a TV? If so, you really didn't buy the correct speakers. The C5s will go to sleep eventually if you don't plug them into a computer via USB. That's what the C5 speakers are designed to do.