Bose computer speakers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Arcadie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Arcadie macrumors regular

First ff, i dont know if this is the right forums but..

BJ's has a bose computer speaker system for $199. Forgot the version but it has a sub and 2 speakers. I was wondering if anyone had this and was wondering how good the quality is? Is it worth $200?

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't have those but I do have the MicroMusicMonitors M3,
    they're the tiny things next to the monitor...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=541347&highlight=MicroMusicMonitors+M3

3. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I have some Bose Companion 3 series speakers that I think are the freakin' bomb. My Uncle gave them to me, but had I not been a broke college student, these would definitely be on a short list of speakers that I would have considered buying.

4. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I once heard the bose companion 5 in demo conditions and they were freakin' good. I wonder if they would sound as good on my desk but I still want them.

5. Arcadie thread starter macrumors regular

Actually they were setup in a demo, But.. Their in a big wharehouse (BJ's is like a sam's club mixed with costco but a little smaller) and the song they had playing had almost no base at all so i couldn't really hear what a regular song or say the dark night would sound like playing on my comp and i wanted to check out what other people think about them first.

Surprisingly, i can find many reviews at all on them.

6. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I personally am not a fan of any Bose product and have never liked the sound and i know there are a lot of Bose haters.

BUT what i would suggest is this:

Take some music down on a iPod or CD (better) that YOU listen to and see if the speakers produce a sound you like, granted it's going to be a unfair test in a warehouse type environment due to the acoustics but you will get a feel for if you like the sound or not.

Most decent places will let you demo some of your own music on them to see if you like them :)

Or see if they have a return policy, if you get them home and don't like them see if you can return them (usually upto 14 days).

7. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

8. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Actually it was in a boot built by Bose at an exihibition so I guess the engineers that designed the boot created unbeatable listening conditions. If I had the cash and they sold it in that boot I would have walked out with a set.