Bose earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tomski, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tomski Guest

Are these good quality or are there better ear buds available?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I've had mine for about 3 years now and they're still kicking with really good quality. The rubber fitting attachments are starting to wear a little though and fall off easier. Sound quality is still pretty great, and I use them in my cubicle at work for hours on end.

3. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

I would like to recommend you the bose ON EAR...the new ones that have microphone also integrated ...just amazing sound with mu tune in radios.
    The earbuds are ok but they do not sound like the on ear ones.Would also be better to go in an apple store and try them all, just to feel them all.

4. pirateyarrr macrumors regular

pirateyarrr

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Bose SUCKS, marketing geniuses and rip-off-priced mediocre equipment.

5. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Agreed. Not terrible equipment, just mdiocre, and overpriced with unbalanced sound (not that most people would notice). They're not as guilty as Monster though.

For quality earbuds and headphones, look at the likes of Shure, Sennheiser, Klipsch, and Etymotics.

A lot of people would recommend on ear headphones, but there are disadvantages to these if you're not using them at your desk. Namely, they're cumbersome for commuting (by bike, subway, walking, etc), and nearly impossible to work out with. Earbuds are also more discrete. The only true advantage they have is sound quality, but the disadvantages make them impractical for many users. Get on ear if you don't jog, don't commute in the way I described, fly a lot, play computer games, sit stationary at a desk while listening, etc.

6. macinmac macrumors member

macinmac

I came to bose after 7 years of sony mdr v700(very good headphones) and I have to say that sony sounds flat next to bose.I feel bad when someone things that bose made some marketing moves to make me buy their product;anyway, I do think that they have an awesome sound.My opinion.

7. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

8. gokart mozart, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Not surprising considering Sonys aren't all that special either.

But thats just it. Its not a special marketing move. Its brand recognition. Its what any well directed company would desire to develop, so no point in being angry at them. Sony, Bose, and now Monster have done that. People recognize the brand and assume quality. What people get up in arms about is the fact that these particular brands charge far more than their products are worth, and in some cases let quality control fall by the way side (as Monster has done). You end up paying for the logo more than actual quality. Great for their shareholders, bad for customers. But ignorance is bliss, and they bank on this. Literally.

In my experience, a far cheaper set of Skullcandies sound just like the Sonys. The Klipsch S4i's on the other hand sound much better than Beats, Sonys, Skullcandies, or Bose, for the same MSRP as the Bose.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-S4i-P...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313046740&sr=1-2

Sure, they're not the fashion statement that Beats or Bose are, but they sound far better and will likely last longer.

9. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have experience with the Bose IE2 (and perhaps the Klipsch S4's as well)? Are they comfortable? Currently I'm using the S4, and while they sound great, the fit is a bit uncomfortable for me. I would literally have to turn them upside-down for full bass and fidelity.

10. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Have you tried different ear tips? Comply makes foam ones that mold themselves to your ear canal.

http://www.amazon.com/Comply-Tx-100-Black-3-Pair-Medium/dp/B002ODIE54/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c

Personally, at this price range, I think they Etymotic MC3 is the most comfortable. But the S4i's sound a wee bit better.

11. iApache macrumors 6502

iApache

^ those tips + S4i is perfect for me. Ann you should try those out they're much more comfy.

12. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the suggestion! I actually did a search and the S4i + Tx-100* pair came up numerous of times. Definitely will go ahead and order from Amazon soon, I don't know how much longer I can tolerate the stock tips.

13. MxChino macrumors member

14. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

You're assumption would be false. I just find it to be obscenely unreasonable to spend so much to not only get descent sonys, but to get them for what amounts to an MP3 player. You don't need that kind of equipment to begin with, and it costs more than an iPhone. You can also get much better sounding in ears for the same price or less .

15. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

Why not try Monster foam Supertips? I usually am not fond of Monster products but recommend those eartips. They last longer then the Comply ones.

16. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

OP: What is good quality for you?

I agree that the Bose are overpriced.

In my opinion Shure, Sennheiser and Klipsch provide better sound per $ spent, depending on the models, but for in ear I prefer them over Bose.
    Isolation of external sound/noise is great with in ears.

Bose is suppose to be very good on the active noise isolation with big size over the ear headphones they sell, also overpriced.