BOSE for IMAC

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jaycee520, Apr 25, 2010.

1. jaycee520 macrumors regular

..anyone of you guys using BOSE Music Monitor or the BOSE wireless Soundlink? Thinking of upgrading from my present HK Soundstick. Would like to hear your personal review if you own one of these Bose products...Thanks:)

2. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I don't know much about Bose speakers for computer use , but you can use AudioEngine 5 with AirPort Express plugged in as a wireless speakers.
    That's what I'm using for my Mini. The speakers are one of the best you can get for the comp.

3. jaycee520 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks and ill definitely dona research on this product...

4. APJP macrumors newbie

I recommend to check out also Genelec's range of active speakers. I have plugged a pair of 8030As to my iMac and those are outstanding. But the smallest 6010A is designed to be used as computer speakers and would be adequate for most purposes...

5. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Here is some info for the AudioEngine speakers:

Attached Files:

6. vraptor65 macrumors newbie

Have to fully agree on the Audio Engine 5's. I would put them up against any speaker that costs 3x as much. I love them to death..

There are a ton of reviews out there on them...See (or read) for yourself...

7. ahankinson macrumors member

The general consensus is that Bose is way overpriced for what you get. I have no experience with the AudioEngines, but if you have two stellar recommendations I would look at them before even considering anything by Bose.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't think as highly of the AudioEngines as others, but they are definitely a step up from the Bose. The Genelecs will blow them away, but then again... so will their price.

9. jaycee520 thread starter macrumors regular

...thank u so much guys for all the recommendation..going out today to check the local Bose store..i would be looking for the most portable one because of a very limited space on my desk...this Soundstick is really blocking my view on the monitor....:D

Attached Files:

10. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

I had 2 pairs of A5's and loved them both - while they lasted. Both pairs went completely dead within 2 months. Gave up on them and bought a pair of open box but new Bose Companion 5 Series for $100 off at the Best Buy around my wife's home town. I love them and have been jamming them with tunes and movies for over a year or so now. If it matters they look like they were made for the iMacs as well. I'm not always so big on Bose myself but the Companion 5s are the real deal imho.

11. jaycee520 thread starter macrumors regular

...im now leaning to get the B&W Zeppelin based on good reviews...Bose Sounddock 10 comes second...:)