Bose headphones and the 6/6S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Gregintosh, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I've been using Bose mie2 headphones for years and I've noticed that with the 6 the jack doesn't super securely fit and now with the 6s it's even worse.

Basically the slightest tug and they come out of the jack either partially or all the way. Even if they get nudged slightly that's already enough for the person not to hear me talking if I'm on the phone. It's starting to get super annoying.

Does anyone else have this issue? And does anyone know if any of the new Bose models of in ear headphones fit securely?

2. cattledog macrumors member

cattledog

I just got the iPhone 6s and i use the Bose IE2 Headphones. It snaps in very securely. I have to really pull hard to get it out of the iPhone.

3. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Maybe the jack plug is getting worn 'after years of use.'???

4. cattledog macrumors member

cattledog

If you live near a Bose store, stop by and try their headphones on your iPhone. Then you will know if it is your headphones.
    You don't by any chance have a case on your iPhone that is keep the jack from going in all the way?

5. barryblack macrumors newbie

I've noticed this with my Bose Freestyle and new iphone 6S plus. These were fine in my 6, but there is very little resistance pulling them out of my plus. Mostly it's not an issue, but I've had my headphones pop out a few times with the smallest tug on the cord which is annoying.

6. Zorba macrumors regular

Zorba

I noticed this when getting a replacement iPhone 6, 2 weeks ago, very little resistance indeed. Didn't try with my iPhone 6S though.

7. Gregintosh thread starter macrumors 68000

I've done tests on iPhone 6s and the jack is tight. It seems the Plus models have a looser jack.

I've also tried it without the case and it's the same. As a last resort I put in the Apple headphones it came with and they're also kind of loose (but tight fit on the smaller 6s model).

This is a big deal for a few reasons:

1. Annoying disturbances during phone convos when the cord accidentally shifts around.

2. If the jack was tight it could prevent the phone from dropping on the floor because the headphones would keep it anchored. When the jack is loose the headphones come off and the phone drops.

This is how I cracked a screen on the 6 plus once and put a few dings on another time. A tight headphone jack would have prevented both drops for me.

---

Does anyone have a tight fit 6s Plus? I wonder if it's just some models or if it's a design flaw in all.

Also, does anyone have tips for how to tighten? Maybe here's something I can wrap around or something?

8. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

My 6S Plus jack is tight; same as my old Plus. No difference at all. Tried my two different set of headphones. Both Bose