Bose Headphones that fit all case port openings

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viewfly, Aug 19, 2013.

1. viewfly, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I've seen numerous case threads here, asking the same question: Will my third party headphones fit xyz case?

I've had these Bose on-ear headphones for a couple of years. The male earphone plug has fit every case I've owned for my various iPhones. It's the same size as the Apple OEM plugs.

Most recently for the iPhone 5 that includes some of the smallest openings in cases. I think it is safe to say they will fit all case ports.

I've used them on these iPhone cases.

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim bumper (very small opening)
    SwitchEasy Tones
    Spigen Slim Armor
    Belkin Grip Candy Sheer
    Atmosphere Poetic

Great Bose sound and includes microphone with play/stop/answer switch. Comes with case, since these on-ear guys fold up.

$179. I found them at the Apple store a couple of years back.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=.../audio_headphones/on_ear_headphones/index.jsp

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Yep there good. Good for calls too. Use them on my MBPr and iPad for TV as well.

3. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Yeah mine sound great. I bought them for the sound without thinking about the connector.

4. rjkgr macrumors regular

5. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Bose Headphones that fit all case port openings

Beats and Sony are some of the headsets I hear people complain that they don't fit their iPhones with a case on.

The Bose above were made specifically for the Apple iProducts.

Thanks for your input rjkgr

6. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Fitting other 3rd party headsets

Also to note that Bose makes replacement and extension cables for for their headsets.

Certainly the 20 foot female to male cable can be used with any oversized 1/8" 3rd party headset...since the male plug fits all iPhone cases that I've tried.

Bose extension cables

Only $13. Alternatively the replacement 54" cable can be used, but one will need to pick up a male to female adapter like this one. Can't be certain that the mic/ipod controls will pass through though.

Amazon 6 foot male to female

RadioShack 6 ft

maybe some effort will find a shorter one.

7. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Attached Files:

8. CHMK macrumors regular

bose is great. i travel alot so i got the QC15s, now, i will never buy any other headphones again, unless there is an updated version

9. TiMBERFLY USA macrumors newbie

Love BOSE products. Would buy these in a heartbeat if my first kid wasn't being born in approx. 4 weeks... can't say my wife is letting much in the way of "disposable income" go anywhere else than that kid for awhile :rolleyes:

Eric - TiMBERFLY USA
    www.timberfly.com
    support@timberfly.com