Bose Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacinAppleTosh, Mar 13, 2014.

1. MacinAppleTosh macrumors member

Aug 4, 2013
    Wondering what people think about the Bose OE2 and AE2 headphones?
    Both are under $100 on amazon and I was thinking about getting a pair to upgrade from the apple headphones I'm currently using.

I like a little extra bass but other than that I'm just looking for overall better sound quality.
    Considering there's only a $10 price difference are the AE2's any better besides covering the entire ear?

Also, any other recommendations for a pair under $100?
  2. mofunk macrumors 68020

Aug 26, 2009
  3. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

May 16, 2011
    Eau Claire, WI
    I have the IE2's and really like them, but I know that is not what you are asking...
  4. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2005
    I found the OE2s a little unstable feeling on my ears (felt like they would slip off). The AE2s are great and comfortable.

Bose doesn't necessarily translate to the best sound quality at all, but I have to say, they really nailed the comfort aspect tremendously...the MIE2i earbuds aren't my best sounding pair but I could wear them for 10 hours without any discomfort. Same for their big cans.
  5. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

Feb 4, 2013
    Klipsch s4i are probably one of the better pair I've used for under 100 bucks.
  6. MxChino macrumors member

Jul 27, 2008
    I wouldn't buy anything Bose. Look at the Martin Logan mikros 90 on sale at new egg for $60 bucks, normally $299 or you can stretch your budget get the sennheiser amperiors. They can be had for about $130. Both will leagues better than the Bose.
  7. MacinAppleTosh thread starter macrumors member

Aug 4, 2013
    Went ahead and got the AE2's.
    Target matched amazon's price for $95.