Bose MIE2i?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mrat93, Oct 19, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

They're supposed to be like the MIE2s, but specifically designed for iDevices. Has anybody gotten these yet? I have the Apple In-Ear earbuds, but I'm thinking about getting these.

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

I dunno. I have the original Bose in-ear and they sound pretty good, but the fact that it's in-ear makes it annoying.

Let me explain. Shure, Sennheiser and the Apple in ears (which I also have) block out ambient noise. They do however take some ear wax with them as you remove them, and cleaning them can get annoying. But at least there's an advantage- they block noise.

The Bose in-ears do NOT block ambient noise but you still have to clean them, since they're 'semi'-in ear. Lose-lose situation IMO.

The second gen Bose in-ears looks similar- no noise isolation but cleaning is still necessary.

I'm not knocking the sound quality of the Bose. I, for one, find the Bose SQ to be OK. It's just that you probably want to look elsewhere for in-ears. There are plenty other iPhone compatible headsets around for the same price.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

There are sooooooooooooo many other great choices out there instead of Bose, come on.

4. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, these are not out yet, but are supposed to come out sometime this month. I would seriously look into a different pair though. For example, you can get the UE 5vi right now from Amazon for like 60 or 70$, down from like 159$ which is a crazy good deal for a great set of IEM. It has the button and everything, just not the volume control. The sound of this is way better than the Bose, and I am saying this from actual experience. I tested the two side by side for a few weeks...ended up returning the Bose. And yes, it was the new version of the Bose too, not the older one.

One thing I will say about the Bose though, they are crazy comfortable, and their new tips that they came out with will keep the phones in your ears without any problems even with heavy exercise. It was just the sound that I could not get over.