Bose On Ear Soundlink Headphones or Beats Powerbeats Wireless 2 earphones?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MarkieMark92, Apr 6, 2015.

1. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

I am buying an Apple Watch when they are released for pre-order but can't decide which headphones/earphones would be more practical. I think I would like to get more physical, but I would also like to have comfort and not have to fiddle around with the headphones/earphones that I decide to buy. I have come to a choice out of the Bose On Ear Soundlink Headphones or Beats Powerbeats 2 Wireless Earphones, any opinions on either? :)

2. bounty1097 macrumors newbie

I am pre-ordering an Apple Watch too. I currently have Bose On Ear Soundlink headphones. I love them. They are comfortable, have good sound quality and have great battery life. But they are not for working out or for running. I work out regularly in a gym. The headphones keep slipping away from my ears. I am planning to buy Beats Powerbeats 2 Wireless Earphones soon just for workout and to be used with Apple Watch.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Agree with previous poster. I also have the Bose on-ear, and I love it. The sound is great, and the headphones is light and very comfortable. But it does tend to slip off my head if I move too much. I don't workout myself, but if the headphone can slip off if I bend down to pick up a pen from the floor, imagine what could happen if you wore them during a workout!

I've been considering getting the Beats wireless earphones, but I really like the Bose earplugs. They are the only earplugs I've found that don't fall out my ears. So what I really want is for Bose to come out with wireless earphones, which who knows if or when they ever will. I'm torn between waiting a bit longer and pulling the trigger on the Beats.

4. SLQ03 macrumors member

Love my Powerbeats 2. They're comfortable, feel solid on my ears, and the sound is great (not an audiophile though). Got them specifically for the watch and have been using them with my phone at the gym, even though I hate having my phone on me during workouts. Just couldn't go back to the standard iPhone earbuds after using the Beats.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Neither. Both brands are over priced and. It worth how much they cost.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

To me, Bose is totally worth it, especially when they take back years old earphones with frayed wire and lets me buy a new one for half price. If the wires fray within a year of purchase, they give you a new one for free.

I also think that the sound quality of Bose products is excellent, but I understand that's subjective, and not everyone might like / appreciate how they sound.

7. pn247 macrumors newbie

Bose

I totally agree. Bose are a premium brand who deliver some fantastic products. My Bose QuietComfort 25s put a smile on my face every day :)

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's hardly worth it when they are overpriced in relation to their quality in the first place. From my experience on various forums over the years a lot of people will agree with me. I'm not denying they have good sound quality but you don't have to pay that much to get that level of quality in the first place. Besides if they are that good then the wires shouldn't fray in the first place especially after such a short time.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I tried many earphones in the under $100 price range before finally buying Bose. I never did find one that had as good a sound, or were as comfortable to wear as Bose. If you know of a specific earphone that have as good quality at a lower price, I'd love to hear of it.

And yeah, wires shouldn't fray so quickly, but it's not like that many Bose earphones have failed on me before the year was up. I think that happened only once or twice. What I really love is being able to exchange really old earphones for new ones at half price. I don't think I've paid full price for a Bose earphone now in quite a while. :p

Even Apple doesn't let you bring in an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen and buy a new iPhone 6 for half price. *shrug*

10. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

Bose On Ear Soundlink Headphones without queston.