bose QC 15 vs B&W P5

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by tim100, Mar 5, 2012.

?

headphones bose vs B&W

1. bose

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. B&W

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. tim100 macrumors 65816

Which would you suggest for music and video (not movies)? I like the bose because of the noise canceling but its not a must.

2. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

b&w.

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

Do these two have to be your only choices? There are so many good headphones out there in the same price range.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

I take it these are just for entertainment. You are not recording or mixing. Get the B&W.

But if you are looking for the best phones for the money I'd select either AKG K240 or their K271 depending on if you need the open or closed style. As you said you might like the noise cancelling feature then maybe the 271 would be the way to go. But if you have a quiet environment and can use open headphones the 240 are very likely the ones the recording engineer used to mix the music with and they sell for only $100.

5. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Actually, first of all, what type of music do you listen to?

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have a pair of P5's and a pair of Bose QC3's...
    IMO, if you don't need the noise cancelation, get the P5's...

7. pofv macrumors newbie

One often overlooked issue when it comes to headphones is their physical comfort. If a pair doesn't feel good on your head it is going to be annoying to use no matter how good it sounds. I personally think the B&Ws are extremely comfortable. You can decide for yourself which you think sounds better but I would try them on for how they fit your head as well. Every head is different!

8. tim100 thread starter macrumors 65816

9. eternalife macrumors regular

+1 on the P5s. - just got the P5's and have Bose as well. There really isn't a sound comparison.

10. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i don't have the P5s, and just got the QC15.

they are pretty good at noise canceling, when you turn it on it's like you turned the room volume level down some decibels. it's not completely silent, but pretty darn good. have yet to try it on a flight.

the sound quality is not the best. i use my IEMs or other headphones if i actually want sound quality.

another thing, QC15s need a AAA battery to work, no battery, no sound at all.

11. hbueain macrumors newbie

+1 on B&W

sound quality wise there is no comparison.