Bose Sound Dock 10

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jossaume, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jossaume macrumors newbie

HI there
    I have a Bose Sound Dock 10 that has a bluetooth attachment. I want to connect it via this bluetooth to my new iMac. I have tried several times but the Bose cannot be found when i run a bluetooth search on the Mac. I called Bose technical but the guys there were not sure about what to advise me other than to try and sell me an Apple wireless unit!!
    Has any one out there been able to make this bluetooth link work or any suggestions please?

Thanks guys

Chris

2. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

to be honest ive never owned one or ever seen one but have worked with bluetooth systems before. some systems have that upon switching on the product the 'visiblity' of the bose dock will be activated for a couple of minutes only. i mean its worth a try, other than that all i can suggest is read the instruction manual again in case you missed something? last resort get the dock replaced because it might be faulty. hope any of this helps

3. applechips macrumors newbie

I own a Sound Dock 10 with a bluetooth attachment. My MBP connects to it like a champ; so does my iPhones and iPods.

Press the bluetooth button on the attachment while making your Mac discoverable, browse for the device and pair as in the given instruction booklet.

My only gripe is that other than just playing the music in my iTunes, it sends my time announcements and other application chimes over too:rolleyes: