Bose Sound Dock Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ne0star, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ne0star macrumors regular

I have owned a Bose Sound Dock for nearly two years now, and was using a 1st gen nano until I got my iphone.

The iPhone works perfectly well in the Sound Dock, but i'm having to use the largest adapter plate that shipped with the dock for the iphone to fit. The problem is this adapter looks like it was designed for the older chunkier (thicker) ipods, so there is a bit of play between the iphone and the dock when using the touch screen.

Does anyone know if Bose plan on releasing an iPhone specific Dock adapter like they did with the nano, or do the newer Sound Docks ship with adapter plates that fit the newer ipods which are just as wide, but thinner.

Cheers

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

3. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

The new sound dock (the one that will run on battery power) has a iPhone adapter so Bose does make it.. I would call Bose customer service. They are real great and they might even send you one for free, you never know.

4. ash2283 macrumors newbie

£3 for dock adaptor from Bose

I needed a dock adapter for iPhone 3GS to fit my Bose SoundDock Portable. Just called Bose (+44 1634 224 258) and they're sending me one in 7-10 working days for £3 including delivery.

UPDATE: Arrived today but got sent the same dock adapter that comes as standard. Called Bose and they said that there are only 2 adapters - standard and one for the nano. He also said I haven't been charged the £3 as the adapters are free anyway. Strange but there we go.

Back to square one.