Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I have a BOSE sound dock that I believe I got in 2007 or 2008 in may.
Now, I had an iPod touch 1st generation that worked and charged on the sound dock. I got rid of it. I now have a 4th generation iPod Nano and when I place it in the sound dock it plays the music but it does not charge the battery.

Is there a way I can fix it? I plan to use the new 8 gb iPod touch when I get it in the sound dock but will it charge?

Hunts121

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2005
Massachusetts
I have a BOSE sound dock that I believe I got in 2007 or 2008 in may.
Now, I had an iPod touch 1st generation that worked and charged on the sound dock. I got rid of it. I now have a 4th generation iPod Nano and when I place it in the sound dock it plays the music but it does not charge the battery.

Is there a way I can fix it? I plan to use the new 8 gb iPod touch when I get it in the sound dock but will it charge?

I had a 32GB 2nd gen ipod touch and it would NOT charge on the original sounddock at my gf's apt, but it does charge on the sounddock series II that I bought soon after getting the touch.

It (Series II) also charges my friend's new nano and my Touch replacement (iPhone 3G)

However THIS may help you fix your issue

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I had a 32GB 2nd gen ipod touch and it would NOT charge on the original sounddock at my gf's apt, but it does charge on the sounddock series II that I bought soon after getting the touch.

It (Series II) also charges my friend's new nano and my Touch replacement (iPhone 3G)

However THIS may help you fix your issue

Oh, wow that's very helpful. Thanks a lot!

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I have another question regarding BOSE. I recently returned my QC2 noise cancelling headphones because the earmuffs were peeling. These QC2 were over 4 years old. Out of Warranty. I exchanged them for the new QC15, that have new material and better noise canceling. Instead of spending 300$ for new QC15. i only paid 93$!

I was wondering if anyone had exchanged their BOSE sound dock system because incompatibility to charge newer ipods and get a defective upgrade to a newer sound dock for cheaper than original price?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.