Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Hi

I was gifted a Bose SoundDock to go with my iPod 80GB black.. soon after (like 3 months), I purchased an iPhone 8GB.

When I put my iphone in the dock it tells me its an unsupported accessory, and would I like to put my iPhone into offline mode... is it safe to use it despite the warning?

PS. I have already voided my warranty as my iPhone is jailbroken so i dont mind revoiding it. my only concern is could it potentially be of harm to my precious telephone?

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
It's safe. How's it sound? I haven't had a chance to test it out. The one they had out in best buy for demo wasn't working. I wasn't impressed with all the other models out on display.

Yossarian

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2005
It's safe. How's it sound? I haven't had a chance to test it out. The one they had out in best buy for demo wasn't working. I wasn't impressed with all the other models out on display.

I have the portable Sounddock and would recommend it on audio quality. It's certainly overpriced but (so far) is the best audio system i've used with my iphone.

myphone

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
USA

I have a Altec Lansing M602 and I comprared it to Bose SoundDock. Can't tell the difference. I like the Altec Lansing better because I can adjust the tone (bass and treble).

Here's the review:
http://www.techedgeezine.com/2006_1116_al-m602-1.htm

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Hi

I was gifted a Bose SoundDock to go with my iPod 80GB black.. soon after (like 3 months), I purchased an iPhone 8GB.

When I put my iphone in the dock it tells me its an unsupported accessory, and would I like to put my iPhone into offline mode... is it safe to use it despite the warning?

PS. I have already voided my warranty as my iPhone is jailbroken so i dont mind revoiding it. my only concern is could it potentially be of harm to my precious telephone?

Works with mine . . . you just need to put the iPhone in "airplane mode". You, obviously, will not be able to make or receive calls but you can listen to your audio through the Bose SoundDock.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
It works with mine too. Just turn off wireless stuff 'cause of the GSM interference with unshielded speakers.

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
The new Bose SoundDock PORTABLE

I have the portable Sounddock and would recommend it on audio quality. It's certainly overpriced but (so far) is the best audio system i've used with my iphone.

The SoundDock PORTABLE also wants you to put the iPhone in wireless mode but you just click no and the iPhone is able to receive calls while listening to music. The manager at the Bose store said it is fully compatible with the iPhone but you cannot hear a caller over the Bose speakers (i.e., cannot use the Bose Sounddock Portable as a speakerphone)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.