Bose Sounddock I v II

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by whoareyou, Mar 28, 2011.

1. whoareyou macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ive been given the opportunity to purchase an Original Sounddock for £169 or Sounddock 2 for £207.
    Mainly be using a Iphone 4 and a Classic ipod.

Iv heard of some stories of the original iphone4 not charging on the original Sounddock or causing problems. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

2. thatisme macrumors 6502

thatisme

I had the original sounddock and didn't have any problems with charging, however, I did have a low level buzz that would come through the speaker constantly, even at volume. It was barely noticeable, but i am a bit OCD with audio gear, and it went back within a day or two after bringing it home. I am not sure if I got a lemon or that defect was addressed by BOSE, but, I'll be hardpressed to get another one of those.

3. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I had the I, and it died out a couple of weeks ago. Had it for almost 2 years, so it was out of warranty. Through the Bose replacement program, I got a brand new II for like $179 or something like that, that's like $120 off of a new one. That was a good deal, and I like the II better since it's portable. It charges and plays my Iphone 4 without any problems, as long as there's no case on it. :D