Bose sounddock series II problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freshmen, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Freshmen macrumors member

Freshmen

I have a bose sounddock series II from 07, it used to work perfectly fine with my iphone 4, then my friend borrowed it and gave it back and it wouldnt work anymore with my iphone, any suggestions?

2. flipster macrumors 6502a

Any error messages on it or your iPhone?

The 30-pin connector could also be damaged, and it's most likely his fault if you gave it to him working, then received it back broken. Just my 2 cents.

3. Freshmen thread starter macrumors member

Freshmen

idk man i really want it to work, its like a 200-300 dollar item, and yeah it is his fault but i was wondering if anyone on this site could help me resolve my problem.

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

Again, are their any error messages on the device/iPhone?

If not, then the system is most likely broken, and the other kids fault. Take a flashlight, and try to see if there are any abnormalities within the 30pin connector. I had one just like you, but the connector broke on the bose system from connecting it to hard.

5. Freshmen thread starter macrumors member

Freshmen

yeah it says this device is not optimized for iphone or some **** like that, but it said that before too and it worked.

6. flipster macrumors 6502a

"This accessory is not optimized for this thing" or something along those lines?

Hm... it's either broken, or has something to do with the iPhone. Sorry, I can't help out much more than that, but you should try to research the error message!