Bose SoundDock Wireless (BT)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thatoneguy82, Dec 31, 2011.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, music was playing and it suddenly just cut out without anyone or anything touching the speaker. It was BT so the phone it was connected to was being used normally. I tried reconnecting via the instruction manual and I've done it before - turn on, hold BT for 3 secs, locate BT on iPhone, then connect. It wouldn't do this, I tried several times, I even deleted all the BT it had in the memory of the dock but in the pairing, the phone kept saying that it was unsuccessful. The BT light is blinking so it's searching, so I don't know why it's doing this. I've tried with 3 iPhones (2 iPhone 4, 1 iPhone 4S) but still the same error.

I really don't get it. It was fine literally an hour before it happened, it connected to phones like it should. Then suddenly, this happens. I don't know what to do here. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

my guess is it sounds like something wrong with the bose, I'd try their support line and see what they say

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'm starting to think the same thing. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps and it still won't connect. It's just so odd that it stopped randomly while it was being used. I'm going need to have a warranty exchange. Still debating if I should go (or can even) go through 3 yr squaretrade warranty that I purchased or use the bose 1 year warranty first.

4. bertopl macrumors newbie

mine did this too just a few days after buying it. after clearing out all paired devices the bose wouldnt pair with anything. I ended up searching around and found that updating the firmware fixed the problem. you just need a micro usb cable and d/l the newest firmware from bose. it was a snap and I havent had a problem since. it's worth a try, I thought mine had to go back too until I did the update.

5. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Didn't know about this option. Always thought that "service" port was only for Bose technician. I'll take a look at the Bose site. Thanks!

6. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Oh wow. That worked like a charm! That saved me a lot of trouble of going through a lot work. Just so odd that it stopped in the middle. I can understand if it didn't work from the beginning of the pairing, but while playing is just odd. Anyway, now I know that it's firmware can be updated makes me a feel a lot better. I previously had the SoundDock Portable but it was much bigger and you had to leave your phone in the dock while playing. I didn't like that. This thing is so tiny and is amazingly loud. Thanks again!

7. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk