Bose Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Titus, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Titus macrumors member

I have some Bose speakers that I used with my Dell system. My Imac 27 just arrived Friday and I tried to just plug them in but they didn't work. I'm new to Mac but love it so far. I installed Parallels 5, Windows 7 and the Windows-based software that I need for teaching but I really want better sound than what comes with the Imac.

Solutions? I'm willing to buy different speakers because I have another system that will need speakers. Since I'm doing all my music on the Mac, it seems like I should get some better quality sound.

Thanks for any tips, succestions.

Kim

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Make sure your output settings are set to line out and not internal speakers. Macs don't need special speakers.

3. Titus thread starter macrumors member

When I open Utilities and select Audio MIDI Setup, it doesn't show the speakers...only the internal ones. So there's nothing to select.

4. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Look under the "Sound" tab of System Preferences. The icon is a little speaker thingy.

5. playalistic macrumors regular

Or you can just option+click the speaker icon in the top right menubar to chose from available speakers.

Attached Files:

6. Titus thread starter macrumors member

I've done both. When I click on the sound it gives me a menu:
    Output Device (grayed out)
    Internal Speakers (checked)
    Input Device (grayed out)
    Internal microphone
    Line in (checked
    Sound Preferences.

When go to sound preferences I don't get an option to change the speakers from internal to external.

7. Titus thread starter macrumors member

I called Apple Support and they think it's a hardware problem. I wish I had tried the speakers before I installed parallels and all my software. The nearest Apple Repair is an hour away.

8. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

you need to buy harman kardon sound sticks 2--they are kick ass speakers for a MAC it's a 2.1 system with good bass

Attached Files:

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't think that was the intention of this thread. If that was, Bose haters here we come...

10. Titus thread starter macrumors member

I actually have Harmon Kardon speakers for one of my PCs. They are good but I prefer Bose for music.