BosPref setting stayed after 2.1 Firmware Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by nutsnbolts, Sep 14, 2008.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

In BossPref, there is a setting called something like "Numerical Value for Battery Meter" (I can't remember the exact statement)

But what it does is the battery meter on the home screen on the top right can be changed to numerical values.

Before the 2.1 upgrade, I did use Bosspref to utilize this setting (Numerical).

My question is after the upgrade, the numerical value is still there. Within the apps, it's the usual battery meter.

I'm sure this is fine but is there something that was changed that didn't revert it back to original? I'm presuming...

Once Winpwn for 2.1 is out and install BOsspref again, I can change it back.

I'm also wondering what other "system" related stuff got left.

Is this OK?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you updated instead of restored then it's most likely a case of some of the jailbreak settings have simply stayed with the touch.

you don't need to wait for winpwn to come out as there is quickpwn which is far less involved I think I clicked 3 buttons follwed on screen instructions to put touch into dfu mode then it done everything for me without using iTunes it was like a 2 - 3 min job was so quick

3. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Yeah, quickpwn pwns winpwn lol

and with quickpwn you keep all of your music and appstore apps and settings =)