BossPaper and 4.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by B737, Apr 14, 2011.

1. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

I used to use BossPaper on 4.0
    i liked it because it was very light, did only want i needed and nothing more.

seems to be having some issues with 4.3.1 though, the wallpaper wont 'stay up'.

has anyone gotten it to work reliably?
    i was digging around to follow the dev on twitter but it shows the dev as BigBoss? that cant be right...

Im also getting the hunch that it might not be getting continued development, its been a long time since its been updated.

2. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

BossPaper on 4.3.1

I just loaded up BossPaper on the weekend and been having some issues too. Mostly that it doesn't seem to change the images on the defined intervals I set unless it's set for mere seconds. If I go with a more lengthy interval (hours or days), it seems to change but once I go into an app and back out, it switched my wallpaper to the first image I uploaded. I turned off the On App Close function and still nothing.

Also, although I love the app theoretically, I don't like how you load folders or images? I have a folder I created on my computer specifically for my wallpapers but I can never find the folder so I have to browse through countless folders to find each image individually. It's frustrating.

3. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Sorry, I'm confused. Can you clear some things up for me?

• Where do I switch BossPaper to Winterboard mode? I only see "Under Winterboard" (which I normally have turned off, but tried with it on as well and no dice.)
    • I don't have BossPaperDock in Winterboard.

Looks like the only way I can get it to work in 4.3.1 is to turn on the "On App Close" function. Otherwise, it always reverts to my standard wallpaper.

Strange.

4. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

After reading Kathryn's posts I decided to reinstall. Have changed a number of values and still not having luck. Like cristo it always goes back to default wall paper once I close an app like safari. Other features work like removing app labels from springboard and dock. I'm not even interested in using the timer feature.

Cristo, as far as your concern regarding folders go... Make a wallpaper folder and put all ur wallpapers in it. SSH to ur phone and drop this folder into your phone. Inside bosspaper navigate to ur new folder and use it. And you can always drop new wallpapers in it as well.

But I wish this thing would work like it used to :(

5. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

See, I've actually kinda done that. I already created a folder with just the wallpaper images I want to rotate through but I synced it to the phone using iTunes. I don't know how to use SSH to transfer files from my desktop to the iP4. Gonna have to do some research but if you have a quick suggestion, I'll gladly accept your help!

6. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

@ Cristo,
    your best bet would be googling SSH, once you get to SSH into your phone with WinSCP you'll be able to do a host of other stuff along with placing your wallpaper folder in your phone for easy access. After you set up SSH, remember to use mobile terminal to change your phones internal passwords. theres lots of info out there on how to do this.

@ Kathryn,
    are you using the wallpaper feature of bosspaper to cycle your wallpaper? and your saying that its fully working? ive tried all combinations of settings from inside bosspaper, rebooting the phone and no matter what, the wallpaper will not 'stick' after closing an App. can you tell us exactly what settings your using?

7. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Sorry, right after I posted I did just that and found a good guide on iClarified but the WinSCP didn't work; I kept getting an error when trying to connect to my iP4. I'll have to look up mobile terminal as I think this is where the error is coming from.

Thanks!

As an aside, does anyone know of a tool that does the same thing for the lock screen as BossPaper does for the home screen? As in, rotate the lock screen wallpaper?

8. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Still can't access through SSH

Hey again,

So, I've installed OpenSSH, mobileterminal, changed my root password and I still can't log into the phone using WinSCP. I'm on the same wireless network, I've turned off auto-lock and still nothing.

Any thoughts?

9. B737 thread starter macrumors 6502a

B737

make sure your pointing winscp to the correct local IP address. also, enable SSH toggle in SBSettings and make sure its open (not closed/off)

you should be able to point winscp to the local IP of the phone, enter your password, and it'll show you the file structure of the phone.

10. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

What do you mean by "correct local IP"...I enter the exact IP address that my phone's connected through WiFi.

I've enabled SSH in SBSettings (under Set Toggles). I assume when you say "make sure it's open not closed/off", you're referring to this toggle.

11. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

I really wish this would get updated to fix the problem where it won't change wallpaper after you enter and exit an app. Such a great concept, yet hugely disappointed with this bug.

Anyone know of another tweak that can do the same thing as BossPaper?

12. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

No uPdate and no luck. Really too bad, surprised that there isn't another tool that does this. :(