Bosspaper on ios5

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Howmanyds, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Howmanyds macrumors newbie

I use bosspaper to rotate through a folder of about 100 wallpapers, set to change automatically once or twice a day, on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Since bosspaper hasn't been updated to run smoothly on ios5 it has a few hiccups. Enabling bosspaper transparent background within winterboard fixes the big problem of the background reverting to the natively set one every time an app closes, but it has limiting side-effects. On the iPhone, setting the blank background winterboard tweak causes a strange gap between the camera (when the app is open and you're looking through the camera about to take a picture) and the last camera roll picture which is just a swipe to the left from the camera (on ios5 only). Usually there'd be a black 1/4" space between, but now it's invisible and shows the wallpaper behind. An annoying but livable bug.

But on the iPad, the winterboard tweak is unusable because it causes the springboard to lock into portrait position. Once the tweak is set, neither the background nor the apps will rotate when the iPad rotates. so if I can't set the winterboard tweak then bosspaper won't run because the background keeps changing back when I close an app.

Does anybody have an immediate cure for this problem while I wait patiently for the Big Boss to update bosspaper?

Thanks.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

no cure and the wait could be a while, good luck