BossPaper vs Winterboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by superxero3, Sep 5, 2009.

1. superxero3 macrumors regular

I realize these 2 programs don't do they exact same thing, but i still wan't to know people's opinion on these programs.

I was wondering, which program would be the better choice to use, to have a static Springboard wallpaper. I used Winter Board in the past, and when theming nothing but the SB wallpaper i have noticed incredible slow down on the phone. After trying WinterBoard Settings, i still was upset that it added 2 extra MobileSubstrate addons (wbs, and preference launcher), and found my settings program to load slow. I am currently using BossPaper to set an image as the springboard background, and am fairly pleased with it.

I am using a 3GS, and even with the added CPU power and additional RAM i have noticed a slow down using winterboard.

What do you guys think about Winterboard vs BossPaper for setting an SB wallpaper?

Also, is there a way to change/add SMS wallpaper without Winter Board?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I use

both! pretty much it I use both I like both and both work fine together, done!

3. Pared macrumors 65816

BP is the perfect solution for you. I have ditched Winterboard.

4. superxero3 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, i ditched winterboard too, do you think that BossPaper is less resource-intensive than winterboard when just using a static background?

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why did you stop using WB if you don't know the answer to that question?

6. Ennoozunu macrumors newbie

I use both BossPaper for my wallpaper and winterboard for my icon dock, lockinfo and sbsettings.

I've noticed no slow down at all using these on my 3gs.

7. admiramonia macrumors newbie

i use just winterboard

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This.

9. Pared macrumors 65816

Absolutely.

It's even more noticeable on the 3G.

10. der halbaffe macrumors newbie

11. aki macrumors 6502a

i have only used winterboard, on 3gs, and speed seems fine to me

i didnt know about bosspaper, is it very different? does it use the same theme stuff? for those who like bosspaper what is the difference apart from speed?

12. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I don't know if BossPaper does stuff other than this, but all I've used it for is rotating wallpapers. It's extremely simple to use and effectively eliminates the one remaining thing I missed from customizing my old BlackBerry. You can just pick a list of photos from various folders on your iPhone and BP will then have them scroll through, one by one, at whatever interval you select.

As I said, it may do more than that, but that's all I've ever needed from it & I'm quite happy with it. :)