Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Just released a few hours ago, I got it up and running. It has a disclaimer saying:

BossPrefs 2.0 is not done. Some of the features are still being developed, but I wanted to get this out since there is no other way to disable SSH. I will be working on the reamining missing features over the next couple of days. Missing features include toggels for: Airplane, Phone. I have not tested any custom services, they will not work (don't use them yet)
Hope that's informative. :D

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
yes that is what i have 2.0???Do you advise installing

if you're pwned and have a use for it, then yes. i use it to replace the regular preferences app since it has more features (especially turning on/off SSH) and add the regular preferences app to the dock within the app. it's also handy if you want to turn on/off the wifi, edge, bluetooth, or mail accounts easily. there are many more features, but most still do not work with 2.0 yet.

if most of that doesn't make sense to you, then you probably don't need it. :)

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Yea, I suppose it is more just 2.0 compatable. There isn't even a 3G switch :D Until I get that I have to have both prefs showing. He said he's not done yet though so I can be patient.

DarkFlame

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
anyone installed this and had any issues, i guess im going to wait to avoid any issues but i really want to be able to turn edge off.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
anyone installed this and had any issues, i guess im going to wait to avoid any issues but i really want to be able to turn edge off.

i thought i had an issie with boss prefs just crashing my phone, but i don't think its that as i also installed the macman pacman game at the same time..

removing the game gave my iphone more stability...

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Both times I installed it I had to restore my phone because it got stuck at the boot screen.

emegmac

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
I just installed this app. I turned ssh off and the whole phone runs 100% faster. I had a bad lag with many functions on the phone, so bad I was thinking of downgrading back to 1.4. Lag is now gone. Anyone else notice this?

DarkFlame

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Anyone know the official website I can get bossprefs 2.0 at? Does it have instructions on how to install. I am a new user with a 1gen iphone i pwned 2.0

Also, whats ssh and why does it make ure phone run faster?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Anyone know the official website I can get bossprefs 2.0 at? Does it have instructions on how to install. I am a new user with a 1gen iphone i pwned 2.0

Also, whats ssh and why does it make ure phone run faster?

You can install it through Cydia. Just go looking for it.

DarkFlame

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
1. Anyone else not having ssh show up on the main screen? I only see email, bluetooth, wifi, edge, the poof, and power buttons and the dock itself. When i go into config I set it show me everything, including ssh but it won't show the toggle therefor i dunno if its on or off.

2. It also seemed to have taken my contacts button off my home screen buttons and I can only go into the phone button or bossprefs to open up my contacts... weird.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
1. Anyone else not having ssh show up on the main screen? I only see email, bluetooth, wifi, edge, the poof, and power buttons and the dock itself. When i go into config I set it show me everything, including ssh but it won't show the toggle therefor i dunno if its on or off.

2. It also seemed to have taken my contacts button off my home screen buttons and I can only go into the phone button or bossprefs to open up my contacts... weird.

Go to Poof > Hidden and then tap to make Contacts reappear.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor

1. this most likely means you don't have SSH installed. install it via cydia and then it will show up.

2. go into bossprefs, hide icons (poof), tap on "hidden", and unhide it.

cbong69

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Now this is stupid. How to install bosspref from Cydia? In fact how to install any apps from Cydia? I really don't know how to use this Cydia stuff. Can someone pls enlighten me or refer to some thread? Thanks

hierobryan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
earth/jupiter
I just installed the latest version of BossPrefs (the one with the 3G on/off switch) and now I can't connect to the internet. I have 3G and Edge switched on in both Settings and BossPrefs. HELP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.