Boston Ipad supply

Discussion in 'iPad' started by karlos4129, Mar 18, 2011.

1. karlos4129 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

hoping to pick up ipad2 in boston in about 2 wks time as i'm in the UK. wanted to gauge opinion as to whether i would be able to do this instore or would i have a better chance buying in the UK and taking the hit on the extra £100?

2. jumbopain macrumors newbie

well i was at the boylston st apple store this morning and it was very hard to get one. the line was huge - just like most of the apple stores I have been looking at.

i'd say about 40 people were able to get tickets today, but i heard that more people received tickets yesterday.

hopefully the lines will die down by the time you get here...

3. OptyCT macrumors 6502

Right now, Boston's pretty much like the rest of the country...it's in an iPad 2 drought. That being said, two weeks from now should be better than today. Of course, that would be three weeks after launch. Let's hope the supply starts catching up to the demand by this time.

4. distemp macrumors regular

I don't know about Boston itself, but I can tell you that there are none (NONE) on the South Shore unless you're willing to stand in a line for hours to get it.

5. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

i heard that across the library of the boston university is a place that you can buy ipad2 if you are a student, is not an apple store but they sell apple products. Can anybody confirm this?

6. ericts8 macrumors newbie

you're thinking about BC actually. they have an apple reseller in their bookstore, and yes you have to be a BC student to buy one.

7. karlos4129 thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds crazy with the amount of scalping going on, i think i can save about £100 if i buy in US which would allow me to get some accessory's, if i can get in UK on release day I may just go ahead as you guys appear to be having a nighmare,

good luck pad hunters..........

8. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

ok thanks ,im not from boston but i was there 2 days ago and traveling back to canada i made a few stops along the way (8 stops) best buy,target,Walmart and non had Ipads 2.(NH and Vermont)

9. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Check out this place core computers down Plymouth MA, he's a apple authorized reseller and thad iPad 2s in stock. Scored mine there after days of wasting time @ boylston and galleria etc. Check it out and give him a call he's a real nice guy.

10. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

I have a very similar question, but about the leather smart covers in Boston - do the Apple Stores have reasonable stocks of them currently?

11. karlos4129 thread starter macrumors newbie

anybody had success at the cambridge galleria, was thinking abut trying in the morning ?

any ideas what time i should be setting my alarm for ?

thanks

12. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Set your alarm for now and start tomorrow's line. :)