Boston MA (scenics)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puckhead193, Apr 19, 2008.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So for one of my TV classes this semester I have to do a final min. to min thirty nature music video thing...(in HD :D) And since i'm not from Boston what are some nice scenic areas. I was thinking the Common and also maybe going to Blue Hill (since its down the street) but any other suggestions?
    Also any ideas for music? I was thinking of something upbeat. I was thinking maybe wonderful world by Joey Ramone... :confused:
    Thanks!

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Do you have to stay in Boston or can you be in other parts of the state?

That would be a good choice but probably a bitch to get a release form so you had permission to use it (since it is most likely copyrighted).

By the way, what school do you go to?

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

It can be outside of boston maybe like at most 2 hour drive.
    I go to Curry in Milton..hence Blue Hills being down the street :)

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Well, there's tons of places within 2 hours of Boston. You could go down the cape, up around the North Shore, etc. You could probably go as far south as southern RI (Newport, etc).

5. fotografica macrumors 68040

In Boston itself..Waterfront Park,the Peace Garden @ St. Leonard's Church in the North End (great example of a garden in a very urban area),the Back Bay has lots of gardens/scenic areas..
    If you want to go over the bridge,head to the Esplanade and the area around it.
    North,you've got Cape Ann,Newburyport,Portsmouth NH (very scenic harbor and waterfront area),Ogunquit Maine area...
    South..Cape Cod National Seashore,Cape bike path,Vineyards along southern RI coast,Newport mansions etc..
    West..Head out along Route 2..LOTS of scenic areas there....

6. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I think Boston would be an interesting place to visit. Mostly due to some books I have been reading by Robert B. Parker. But to get time off, would take a miracle :p