boston restaurants suggestions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puckhead193, Sep 21, 2007.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So i go to school up in MA and the parents are coming up for the weekend and i'm sick of eating at the same places. I know where going to The Palm steak house cause its my favorite. But I want to try some new places. Maybe something Italian in the North End.... Other then that i'm open to *most* suggestions.
    Just a few things... no waiting - me/my parents prefer to have reservations. ;)

2. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Try either Legal Sea Foods or Cinderella's on Main Street in Cambridge. They are two of my favorite places to eat. In Cambridge, anyway. I don't go over the bridge into Boston tooooo often.

3. shecky Guest

shecky

4. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Legal's? Oh come on! His parents are coming up to visit. I'm sure there's a Legal's wherever they are from!

puckhead where are you at school? Like what neighborhood? I'm from Allston/Brighton and here are some of my favorites:

Zaftigs, Harvard Ave in Brookeline near Coolidge Corner. There's plenty of public parking (free after 7pm behind the movie theater). Jewish Restaurant and Deli that has my favorite pancakes and sandwiches. Great food. Also, if you like German food, go for the Potato Pancakes with homemade applesauce and cream. You can def. make a reservation.

Brown Sugar Cafe on Comm. Ave near BU. Great Thai food, atmosphere and service at midrange prices. Food comes out in intricate designs and patterns. Be careful of anything labelled spicy. It really is spicy.

Sunset Bar and Grill - two locations, one on Brighton Ave near Allston Village and another on Comm. Ave closer to the BU bridge. The latter is less college-esque. I've been there with families, etc. Great food and over 200 sorts of beer!

Bartley's in Harvard Square has the best burgers ever and unbelievably delicious onion rings. Maybe some waiting cause it's small. But that place is a landmark.

Do you like Afghan food? Try Helmand's on First Street across from the Best Buy entrance to the Cambridgeside Mall. The building looks crappy but actually it's a gorgeous restaurant with fresh bread and a yuppier/posh clientele (do not wear jeans and sneakers there).

I hope you try at least one of my suggestions :)

5. fotografica macrumors 68040

For the North End..Try Strega or Artu.Both very good. For dessert,hit Modern Pastry on Hanover,the end toward Faneul Hall..Stay away from Mike's. It's a tourist trap..
    Restaraunt Dante is also a nice Italian restaraunt,but it's in the Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge..

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

like french? i love sel de la terre on state at atlantic (near the aquarium)!

7. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'm in milton....
    and i can't eat seafood. Plus theirs a Legal's 10 mins from my house in NY...

8. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Ah, Milton Academy? Hmm. Unfortunately I don't know the south shore very well. I'd go into Boston anyway for food. If you guys rent a car, seriously consider going to Coolidge Corner in Brookline. It has a small town like feel and Zaftig's amazing. There's also a JP Licks there. And the Coolidge Theater is an indepedent theater that shows older films and other stuff. There's also a really good sports bar there next to JP licks. Can't remember for the life of me what it's called. Anyway good food and service. Fugakyu's around the corner for great Sushi, but you don't eat fish. There's an Indian place too on Beacon, name starts with an R also amazing food (not the take out place, but a restaurant 1/4-1/2 block further).

9. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I'm a big fan of Maggiano's on Columbus. It's a chain, but there's very few in new england and it's good.

10. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Nope - i wish i was younger....I go to Curry (like the spice) :p
    Thanks for the suggestions, i'll look into it some more!

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

What kind of budget are we talking? If you've got enough, I recommend Anthony's Pier 4 (get there before it's gone!), the Union Oyster House near Fanuiel Hall, or if you're REALLY loaded, Top of the Hub.

12. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

No 9 Park ,,,, again - your price point comes into play...

"Located in an elegant townhouse in Boston's historic Beacon Hill, No.9 PARK provides an intimate, European-scale setting in which to enjoy Chef Barbara Lynch's refined cuisine. The menu showcases an artful blend of regionally-inspired Italian and French dishes with an emphasis on simplicity and flavor. An extensive wine list includes a number of regional wines from boutique vintners whose style reflects a taste of place. The dining room, designed by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz of C&J Katz, radiates a quiet and timeless elegance in the form of a muted taupe palette, dark polished wood floors, and Italian marble tables in the cafe. From the carefully selected wines to the warm hospitality, No. 9 Park continues to set the standard for fine dining in Boston."

13. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Some good suggestions What about an italian resturant (i love chicken parm)