Botched Sims 3 Install Taking Up Space

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thesillypiggy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. thesillypiggy macrumors newbie

Hello! I tried installing Sims 3 on my MBP but for some reason it stops at 569 out of 600 files so I force quitted and tried again and got the same results and force quitted subsequently too. I did that about 4 times. Sims 3 would put about 6 GB on your HD and I found out afterwards I had about 24 GB missing after that attempted installs. How can I remove that 24 GB?

Running Snow Leopard btw.

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Just do a search for a folder referring to The Sims. You can do this by going to the Spotlight Menu or while in Finder, press the Command and F keys.

3. thesillypiggy thread starter macrumors newbie

I did but all I got were the Sims 2 files (I have Sims 2 installed) The thing was the four times I tried, none of the installs for Sims 3 were fully completed. It's taking up space but I can't find where it is.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Your best bet would be uninstall The Sims and see if that gives you back the space. If it does, then reinstall.

5. thesillypiggy thread starter macrumors newbie

I've tried uninstalling Sims 2 but it just gives me back the space that version took. The 24 GB was from Sims 3 and I can't find the files for Sims 3 anywhere so that I can get rid of it because the install never completed and I had to force quit.

6. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Try Disk Inventory X, it should help you find where all the space is being used.

7. thesillypiggy thread starter macrumors newbie