Bottom case warp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yurtal, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Yurtal macrumors member

Hi Guys, I was hoping to run this by you all as I'm a bit baffled as to why this has happened.

I recently upgraded my ram and HDD in my 2010 17" MBP and followed the simple guide on iFixit. I unscrewed the bottom case, took it off and did my thing with the ram and HDD.

I then placed the bottom case back in position and re-inserted the screws. All seemed fine BUT now in the centre of the bottom case there appears to be quite gap where I am able to push it in and sort of pop it back and fourth against the components inside. The gap s probably minuscule in size but before I opened it up, it was all solid with no flex what so ever.

It is extremely annoying especially when carrying it around and I am concerned it could do damage.

Has anyone experienced this before or maybe understand why this has happened?

Thank you for your help.

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

you need to push it in, there's like a snap lock to secure the middle. threw me off at first too but then I just pushed it and it snapped in.

3. Yurtal thread starter macrumors member

Mate thank you so much! I looked around all the edges for things such as this, was just trying to so careful. I'll take a look now!

Cheers.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

don't thank me yet, that was just my first intuition, might be something else.