Bottom casing screws are loose?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zerrisk, Oct 19, 2014.

1. zerrisk macrumors member

zerrisk

Hello,

A while back I went to get my trackpad repaired and they said they needed to replace the whole logic board. This was under warranty and now I realized (it's been at least 2 months) that some of the screws are loose on the bottom casing. They have not fallen off yet, but I am concerned that they will soon.

I understand that it is a (P5?) pentalobe screwdriver, and am unsure where to purchase one locally. Can I take my laptop to an Apple retail store and have them just tighten it for me? I do not have any warranty or Apple Care anymore. Will it cost me anything?

Thank you for any assistance!

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they would prob do it for free. They are not pentalobe iirc, just a small phillips size 0 or 00 i believe

3. Stutterer macrumors member

Stutterer

Yesterday when I opened my MacBook Retina (2016) I carry with me inside a case, I noticed the screen was broken.

A screw from the base of my computer got lose and got on top of the the keyboard, with the computer closed inside the cover, damaging both the screen and the chassis of the computer.

I was shocked and hurried with the computer to an Apple agent for an assessment. The computer is less than 8 months old so I really hope they'll fix free of charge all the damage caused by that lose screw.

I've been an happy Apple consumer for some time now but I'll quit it if they let me down in this. It's just that I already paid enough for a computer by a brand renown for the build quality of its products...